Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
bookscorpion: This is Chelifer cancroides, a book scorpion. Not a real scorpion, but an arachnid called a pseudoscorpion for obvious reasons. (Default)
[personal profile] bookscorpion
1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
HTML/CSS/Java coding. Everything else I do, I enjoy the learning process too much to want to skip it. 

2. If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do?
the thing I am doing: being a librarian at a public library

3. If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
hm, ask me again in, idk thirty years but I am liking my 40s overall very much so for now I will pick 45. Old enough to have entered the Not Giving a Fuck era, with a good amount of experiences all around.

4. If you could be any supernatural creature, what would you be and why?
a shapeshifter that can turn into animals great and small

5. If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
I teach classes on research and I enjoy those a lot. My favourite is the one I am teaching on fake news with 8th graders, where I roleplay with them that we're liking in Pikachuland and have them write fake news about the ruler of the neighbouring country aka Mister Mime. And then we brainstorm ideas to bring the democracy of Mimeland down.
It's great because it's kind of improv theater - I have a rough plan of the lesson but also a pretty big number things I can include when I have the time and when the kids go there (like the Satanic Panic and how much you can do if you pretend to Think About the Children, or 9/11 and how it changed politics, or how disabled people were the first target of organised murder under the Nazis).
I get to be a history nerd, a librarian and a teacher all in one in this.
 

Date: 2026-09-25 04:33 pm (UTC)
yarnofariadne: a scene from portrait of a lady on fire. a woman in a bright white dress stands in a hallway, slightly out of focus. (film: thunder in our hearts)
From: [personal profile] yarnofariadne
The fake news class does sound really fun.

Date: 2026-09-26 12:33 am (UTC)
brightly_lit: (Default)
From: [personal profile] brightly_lit
God yes on number one. I like learning things ... but I've been pecking at javascript for a few weeks a year for eight years and it's such slow going, urrrrgh.

Date: 2026-09-26 06:23 pm (UTC)
amado1: (Default)
From: [personal profile] amado1
Kudos kudos kudos for working the Satanic Panic lesson into that class, massive respect. I would have benefited so much from hearing that as a kid

Profile

bookscorpion: This is Chelifer cancroides, a book scorpion. Not a real scorpion, but an arachnid called a pseudoscorpion for obvious reasons. (Default)
bookscorpion

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  123 4 5
67 89101112
13141516171819
20212223 24 2526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 03:54 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios